PIZZA PASTA SALAD
This tastes a lot like an Italian pasta salad. But, I call it “Pizza Pasta Salad” since this is how I use leftover pizza toppings. Haha! Haha! This Pizza Pasta Salad is another great example of a “refrigerator” salad that can be stored for several days so you can continue to enjoy it throughout the week.
WHAT IS IN PIZZA PASTA SALAD?
You can do whatever you like! Ha! This is the beauty of this one. My pizza pasta salad included pepperoni, mozzarella, green bell peppers, black olives and red onions. These are just a few other great ingredients for this pasta salad.
- Grape tomatoes
- Green Olives
- Fresh herbs (oregano, basil, parsley)
- Even better would be mushrooming ( marinated mushroom).
- Artichoke hearts
The only thing that I wouldn’t add to my pizza pasta salad is pineapple. Although I love pineapple pizza, I don’t think it would taste very well in this pasta dish.
What DRESSING DO YOU USE?
Below is a recipe for homemade Italian dressing made with grated Parmesan cheese. You can also use a store-bought dressing if you prefer to cut corners. I recommend Italian dressing or Caesar dressing. If it doesn’t already have Parmesan cheese, I would add it. The Parmesan cheese enhances this pizza pasta salad.
CAN I USE A DIFFERENT PASTA?
Absolutely! You can make this recipe in many different ways. Any short-shaped pasta can be used, such as bowtie or penne. You can also use long-shaped portions of pasta like spaghetti. However, they are more difficult to stir in chunky items (they tend to sink to the bottom or sides of the bowl). You can also use whole wheat pasta or gluten-free pasta in this recipe.
WHAT LONG DOES PIZZA PASTA FEEL GOOD FOR?
This pasta salad can be stored in the refrigerator for 4-5 days. This pasta salad is great for your weekly meal prep.
ITALIAN PIZZA PASTA SALAD
Repurpose your leftover pizza toppings into this deliciously simple Italian-style pizza pasta salad. Use a simple homemade Italian dressing.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
HOMEMADE ITALIAN DRESSING
- 1/2 cup olive oil ($0.84)
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar ($0.40).
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard ($0.06)
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder ($0.02)
- 1 Tbsp Italian Seasoning ($0.30).
- 1/2 tsp salt ($0.02)
- 1/4 tsp pepper ($0.02)
- 2 Tbsp grated Parmesan ($0.22)
- 1 lb. rotini pasta ($1.00)
- 3 oz. pepperoni ($1.25)
- 4 oz. mozzarella ($1.15)
- 1 green bell pepper ($0.89)
- 1/4 cup red onions ($0.11)
- 1/2 12oz. jar banana pepper rings ($1.00)
- 1/2 4oz. Can sliced black olives ($0.70).
- To allow the flavors to combine, make the Italian dressing first. Combine the olive oil, red vinegar, Dijon, and garlic powder in a bowl. Season with salt, pepper, and Parmesan. Mix the ingredients or cover the jar with a lid and shake to combine. Leave the dressing aside.
- Follow the package instructions to cook the rotini. Boil the pasta for 7-10 minutes or until it is tender. The pasta should be drained in a colander. Rinse briefly with cold water. Allow the paste to drain well. Keep shaking the colander once in a while to get rid of excess water.
- Prepare the rest of the ingredients for the pasta salad while the pasta is cooking. The pepperoni can be cut in half or quarters. Chop the mozzarella into small pieces. Slice the red onion and bell pepper. Drain the black olives and banana pepper rings.
- Once the pasta has been cooked and cooled, drain it well. Mix the remaining ingredients (pepperoni cheese, mozzarella, bell peppers, red onions, banana peppers and black olives). Mix all ingredients.
- Give the dressing a second shake before adding it to the pasta salad. Mix the dressing into the pasta salad. Serve immediately, or refrigerate until you are ready to eat.
Serving Size: 1 Cup Calories: 394.33 Kcal Carbohydrates 44.11 G Protein: 10.01 G Fat: 19.61g Sodium 385.08 mg Fiber 2.18 g